Why Join the Chamber
Here are the top 10 Reasons…
1. Membership brings credibility to your business. You can increase positive perception among consumers and business owners when you’re identified as a member of a chamber of commerce. According to a research study by The Shapiro Group, Inc. and Market Street Services, when consumers know that a small business is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 44 percent more likely to think favorably of it, a 51 percent increase in consumer awareness, a 57 percent increase in its local reputation and a 63 percent increase in the likelihood that consumers will patronize the business in the future.
2. Increase your visibility in the community. As a member, you will be listed in the Chamber’s annual Business Directory, which is distributed to more than 20,000 homes and businesses throughout Wyoming County. And as an added bonus, if you are a tourism related business, you will also be listed in the Wyoming County Travel Guide. You will also be listed on the Chamber’s website which receives thousands of inquiries and referrals every year. Sponsoring major Chamber events can help get you name out in the community and bring recognition to your organization. If you are a new or expanding business, the chamber may also promote your grand opening/ribbon-cutting ceremony and assist with any public relations efforts.
3. Create networking opportunities. Chambers have committees and serving on one of them provides networking opportunities as well as professional leadership development. We also host events where businesses can meet and make greater connections.
4. Gain a voice in government. The Chamber takes on the tough issues and opposes new regulations, taxes, fees, assessments and costs directed at small businesses and supports legislation that is pro-business. Direct links to both our local, as well as, State and National government helps us advocate for our businesses.
5. Make business contacts. The Chamber’s mission is to generate more business activity for the community. While some is out in front leading the way, much of our work is behind the scenes working with economic development leaders locally and regionally. The chamber initiates more business-to-business commerce and more opportunities for networking and connecting local professionals than is available through most other local organizations.
6. Receive chamber news. Our new format for our newsletter provides new member information, interesting information about operating a local business, articles about the local community, a community calendar and details about up-and-coming chamber events, among other things. Low cost advertising is also available for member businesses. We also send e-news items that are member only and provide added value.
7. Acquire customer referrals. Every day, your local chamber receives calls from individuals and businesses looking for potential vendors, and chamber members typically recommend other chamber members. Our website also allows for direct referrals, connecting the consumer with the member business directly by email.
8. Chamber events and programs. Chamber events and programs provide members with great opportunities to get to know new people and expand their prospect base. Chamber events are innovative and fun ways to help members meet potential customers, clients and vendors— and generate new business leads. Educational seminars also keep local businesses owners and their employees up to date on the most pressing business items.
9. Promotion and publicity. With a chamber membership, you can reach potential clients through member exclusive advertising and opportunities for business-to-business advertising and publicity. Our new and improved Member-to-Member program allows special offers available to only member businesses.
10. Access to members-only programs. We are always watching your bottom line with our affinity programs. They include Constant Contact (an e-new subscription that makes professional looking emails quick and easy), Staples Advantage office supply program, New Wave Energy (discounts on electricity), National Fuel Resources (natural gas discount program), discounted AAA membership and others. A great updated Member to Member program. We are always on the lookout for new programs that will help our member businesses.